Thursday, May 19, 2016

You can't catch lightning

lightning flashes across the sky, it rips the sky apart with each fork 
it intriguers me; coming and going 
I want to catch it and keep one little fork in a bottle 
But as hard as I try, I will never be able to catch lightning 

Someone once told me that lightning never strikes the same place twice 
But I didn't believe them. I couldn't believe them. 
I mean, that couldn't really be possible . . . could it? 
But you can't catch lightning 

Lightning inspires me; its the one earthly phenomenon that truly fascinates me 
Lightning is heaven'sIf the handwriting, all jagged and spidery  
Each fork in unique and different 
But I will never catch lightning  

If the Earth is female, what does that make lightning? 
Is it male or female? 
Does anybody know? 
Lightning is "nigh uncatchable" 

Lightning is THE free spirit 
Lightning will run forever 
But as hard as you try, you will never catch lightning 

But you can't catch lightning 
lightning 
Lightning 
LIGHTNING 

But you can't catch lightning


No comments:

Post a Comment