Thursday, May 19, 2016

don't forget to remember

i remember meeting my best friend in kindergarten.  
i remember when i dropped out of dance when i was 6. now i really wish i hadn't done that. 
i remember the time i licked a stop sign just because i wanted to be crazy. 
i remember delivering the Homecoming Game Ball on horseback(yes that was me) 
i remember rock jumping at Rampart Reservoir in Colorado. 
i remember hiking the Incline and then finding out it was technically illegal.  

i remember when i almost fell off a horse. it scared me to death and i cried and i was angry. i was scared of horses for a while and told myself i'd never ride again.  

i remember all the nights i cried myself to sleep because one of my best friends was moving and i got all worked up and thought that i would never see him again.  

i remember when i first said i hated people. 
i remember when i read a book in an hour and 15 minutes. it was a Magic Treehouse book, Lions at Lunchtime. 
i remember telling myself i wasn't going to graduate. 

i remember the first time i sassed my math teacher. he could not believe those things could possibly come out of such a seemingly quiet girls' mouth. but i said it and i'm not taking it back. 

i remember when someone thought my henna was an actual tattoo. 
i remember how much i loved pancakes and milk and peanut butter. 
i remember falling in love with the idea of never growing up. that's still my plan. 

i remember one summer night when my cousins came to visit and we drove our old suburban on the highway with the windows down. we sang the lyrics to every Taylor Swift song we knew at the top of our lungs.

1 comment: