Thursday, February 11, 2016

I won't say I'm in love

What does it mean to be "in love?"  

Does anyone actually know? Do they actually understand? 

I don't know. I don't understand. 

I've heard it described as magical or confusing; intense or slow and soft. Maybe startling or a little too planned out. 
There's loads of love stories out there. But they all seem to have to same plot: girl and boy meet. They grow to like each other a lot. They grow super close. They kiss and its really gushy and gross. Why is that kind of story so common? 

But in the end I still don't understand what love is. There is no true way to describe it. Is love a noun, verb or adjective? Is it all three? Is it not even one of those? I DON'T KNOW! 

Will  I understand it when I grow up or get older? Will I even want to understand? 


Until I know for sure, I think I'm safe to say, "I won't say I'm in love."

7 comments:

  1. Until I know for sure, I think I'm safe to say, "I won't say I'm in love."

    Like this line lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is love a noun, verb or adjective? Is it all three? Is it not even one of those? I DON'T KNOW!

    yes. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But they all seem to have to same plot: girl and boy meet. They grow to like each other a lot. They grow super close. They kiss and its really gushy and gross." Made me laugh. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mildly depressing but ill take it, granted we are still in high school and have no freaking idea what it is besides making out

    ReplyDelete